Store Manager- Birmingham, AL (New Store)
We are looking for a dedicated Store Manager to join our team as one of the most exciting and fastest growing retail stores in the Southeast. If you have a passion for customer service, a love of merchandising and looking to lead a store in all day-to-day operations, this is the place for you.
- Responsible for overall store operation, sales performance and management of store personnel.
- Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and ensure customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
- Responsible for the interviewing, selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations of all associates.
- Provide a clean, fun and safe environment for employees and customers.
- Maintains financial controls including shrink, payroll and other operating expenses.
- Ensures that the appearance of the store is maintained to company standards including merchandise presentation, signage, stock levels and recovery.
- Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of retail management experience.
- Possess good communication skills and project positive leadership.
- Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to operate store equipment (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, forklifts, etc).
- Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, POS register and complete all required paperwork.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including the outside perimeter of the store.
- Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven reliability and personal integrity. Application process may include a background check, drug testing, and reference check.
- Competitive base pay plus quarterly bonus.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance
- Short term and long term disability
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday pay and Flex days
- Employee purchase discount